Go on – have an adventure! A cycling adventure!
Because you work hard, because life can be tough, because you deserve it, have a break. Go on a gentle adventure! On WillCycle I have plenty of resources to help you go on that adventure you so richly deserve, so linger a while, look around, as this site can help you!
The purpose of life is to live
You don’t exist just to go to work, day in, day out, until you (hopefully) make it to retirement. There’s a whole world out there, waiting to be explored, and it’s waiting just for you.
In life, you can always get more money, but you only have a finite amount of time available. Time is far more valuable than money ever could be, so spend your time wisely by having as many adventures as possible!
The Spirit of Adventure
Every two weeks, the WillCycle newsletter is sent out, and it contains content not available on the site, plus often exclusive giveaways. There’s a good reason why The Spirit Of Adventure has well over double the industry standard reading rate for newsletters! If other people enjoy reading it so much, it’s time to signed up and stopped missing out! Signing up is super-quick and easy, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
I have made a wealth of knowledge available for you on here. Simply start by clicking the Back To Basics link.
You will find all sorts of information, from cycle touring, to cycle camping, stealth camping, wild camping in the UK, help with navigation, security while cycle touring and even how to design a good cycle touring route.
It’s all here, simply waiting for you to explore! Do yourself a favour and look around this site. You’ll find lots of useful information!
So, you have a bicycle, you have camping gear, but what you lack is the experience?
There’s an easy solution! Join me on a WeCycle Guided Wild Camping experience. You will experience the delights of wild camping on Dartmoor, in a supportive environment, with help on hand.
You will gain experience and confidence, all while having loads of fun in an exquisitely beautiful landscape. Simply click the link, read all about it, then pick the next available date and book yourself on it!
Latest posts from WillCycle
- You are the powerFor years now I’ve been a vocal convert to dynamo lights. After all, why would you say no to never having to worry about charging your lights, and never running out of battery? While there are interesting debates to be had about the advantages and disadvantages of various different dynamo headlights, that’s not what this … Read more
- Camping CoffeeTo a huge number of people, coffee is an important part of life. If you don’t believe me, just have a look at how many coffee shops there are in your local neighbourhood! Now coffee shops are great, but especially when wild camping, the nearest coffee shop might be quite some distance away. What are … Read more
- Audax, baby!For a long time I’ve been threatening to get into Audaxing. Audaxing, in case you didn’t know, is long distance cycling events, run by Audax UK (in the UK). With very short notice, I went and signed up for a 101km Audax event about an hour’s drive from where I live. The event took place … Read more
- Darkmoor – the returnDarkmoor was an annual all-night bike ride that I used to organise. It never really took off, so I stopped it. After all, there’s no point continuing a ride that attracted exactly 2 riders the last time it ran. Darkwhat? Darkmoor was an all-night ride that crossed Dartmoor – the last wilderness in England. The … Read more
- Kit review – Zefal T3 top tube bagOverall rating: ⭐⭐⭐ The Zefal T3 bag attaches to the top tube with Velcro-type fasteners, and has a clear pocket for your smartphone. It’s generously-sized, but you need to decide for yourself if that’s a benefit, or not. Road-tested I took the T3 bag along when I cycled (more or less) the bottom half of … Read more
- The Beginner’s Guide to Designing a Cycle RouteTired of cycling the same old routes, and ready to broaden your horizons? Then this post if for you! This is a long and detailed guide, so set some time aside to read all of it. What makes a good cycle route? Ask 100 cyclists that, and you’ll get 100 different answers. However, there will … Read more
- Kit Review – Profile Design aero bars & risersOverall rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Aero bars on a touring bike? Yes, I fit Profile Design Legacy II aero bars to my touring bike. My primary motivation was not to gain any aerodynamical improvements. No, instead I wanted a way to get weight off my hands and wrists, especially on longer rides. I intentionally left it some … Read more
- Kit Review – Nebo Mycro head torchOverall rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Head torches are severely under-rated, and are critical bits of kit. They come in extremely useful when cycle commuting, cycle touring and when camping. On night-time rides, riders who use battery lights are usually able to remove their lights to illuminate parts of their bike, for example when mending a puncture. Us … Read more
What do you mean “It’s a lifestyle”?
Because you’re visiting this site, I’ll guess cycling is as important to you as it is to me. It runs right through everything I do, and forms the basis of almost all my adventures. This is why I have so much help and guidance available for you on here. It’s also why I provide DayCycle cycling route guides, as well as multi-day GoCycle cycle touring route guides.
Finally, I have a range of cycling-related products available. All my products include free UK postage! Cycling influences my daily life. It impacts on almost everything I do. To me, cycling is a lifestyle, and WillCycle is simply an extension of that lifestyle.